You have decided to pierce your child’s ears, but after a little research, you discovered that if improper piercing equipment and materials are used, piercing tiny sensitive ears actually comes with a fair share of potential risks. Other than the risk of developing potential infections, transmitted blood-borne viruses and tissue damage, young children are also more susceptible to developing nickel allergies from unsuitable ear piercing materials.
Before you rethink your decision, know that the right piercing method and suitable equipment virtually obliterate the chances of side effects. Therefore, where you choose to have your child’s ears pierced makes all the difference. Still, there is more to consider when it comes to nickel allergy.
Here are a few common questions about nickel allergy:
Nickel allergy symptoms include:
In severe cases, other symptoms can include: